SOSA-WA is run entirely by volunteers who donate their time and talents. If you would like to volunteer as chairperson or serve on a committee please contact us at email@example.com
Silver and Gold Auction
- Oversee and support the operation of the Dolphin Store.
- The Dolphin Store committee shall consist of a Store Coordinator, a Treasurer, a Buyer and a Volunteer Coordinator.
- Duties of the Dolphin Store Committee shall also be carried out in accordance with the Dolphin Store Guidelines, including monthly financial reports to the SOSA board
Social groups expand SOSA fun beyond our weekday morning metings! If you have any suggestions on groups you would like to see, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leaders are needed to:
- Send event notifications to interested members
- Find event locations and coordinate gatherings
Social Media Administrator/Historian
- Manage SOSA-WA Social Media page (Facebook )
- Act as or appoint a SOSA-WA photographer for all SOSA-WA functions
- Post upcoming SOSA-WA events and meetings on the Facebook page
- Update Facebook page monthly with pictures of SOSA-WA events, information on Navy history, Submarines or other historical topics
- Become familiar with the history of SOSA-WA
- Greet to all meeting attendees at the door during general meeting
- Organize volunteers to provide snacks for general meetings
SOSA in Action
- Committee chair looks for needs around our community (food drives, toy drives, clothes drives, etc)
- organizes SOSA members to help
- Be a liaison for commands to provide membership information to new arrivals
- Provide membership information/flyers at all SOSA-WA meetings and functions
- Collect membership fees and turn over to the SOSA-WA Treasurer
- Prepare membership roster for distribution at every other monthly meeting starting in October
- Provide name tags for monthly meetings
- Notify appropriate committee chairpersons of a new member’s interest in their committee as indicated on the new member’s application
- Seek Command Representatives for each command
- Publish a SOSA-WA newsletter from September to June, to be e-mailed to all members, including one complimentary copy to visitors and guests
- Must have a good working knowledge of WordPress CMS software.
- Ensure the website fee is paid yearly (in April)
- Update website in a timely manner to include submissions from the Executive Board Members and Committee Chairpersons.
- Secure a childcare provided for each General Membership meeting
- Each childcare provider shall watch no more than 5 children
- Collect money from each parent and disseminate to childcare providers
- Maintain a list of childcare providers